Monday, July 2, 2012

Hi Everyone,

This heat is killing me, we need rain so bad. I can't remember when it rained last here maybe may.

Well in unit 4 I did not like our exercise. It honestly did not do a thing for me. I sat in my recliner with my kitty, tho I felt the stress reduce that was it. I have a hard time expressing my feelings and I never talk about them. When I was growing up feeling were never part of our everyday life. I can't remember my parents saying that they loved us or say it to each other. My son has all my love and I make sure he knows it and I tell him all the time. I think that I am not in the right state of mind yet for this exercise. I know that I will try it again when I think I am more mentally ready. I would tell people about it, but not everything works for everyone.

Mental workout to me means exercising the mind to stay healthy. Dacher says that it means utilizing contemplative  practices to help tame the mind's constant mental activities, train it along with opening one's heart, expanding consciousness and progressing towards psychospiritual flourishing. Research  indicates that the proven benefits of mental workout results in awareness and experiences of the mind and its many levels and capacities in healing and the development of the qualities of human flourishing which are health, happiness and wholeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment